Yahoo! My babies finally arrived safe and sound here in Manila! I'm not dreaming anymore this time. These Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman are all mine now. *evil laugh* Thanks to my friend from California, for getting me these wonderful brushes and to my Boss, for bringing these babies here.
Aside from Sigma brushes, I've been wanting to own the Real Techniques brushes. These were made by one of the Pixiwoo sisters, Samantha Chapman. FYI: Pixiwoo (sisters) is one of the famous Youtube make-up gurus.
I've heard a lot of good things about these brushes. Let's see if its true. ;)
I got (L-B) the Core collection, the Starter set, the Fine Line brush and the Stippling brush.
From Real Technique's website:
"Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever."
Let's start first with the Core Collection.
At the back of the box, you'll see the brushes and their use.
Next is the Starter Kit
deluxe crease brush, base shadow brush, accent brush, pixel point eyeliner brush, brow brush
Two of the individual brushes.
Fine Liner Brush
- doesn't shed
- I love how dense buffing brush is, so soft... believe me!
- brush names indicated on the handles-- easy reference when creating your favorite look
- they used taklon bristles which is softer than hair-- 100% cruelty-free.
- flat base, it will let your brushes stand
- sleek handles
- affordable, its worth every penny (I got all of these around $53-54. My friend told me to purchase worth $50 and above so the shipping fee is free)
- I don't like the brow brush, it's quite big, dense and too soft- hard to control.
- not locally available (Philippines)
- big handles, hard to keep in my toolbelt
I was impressed and happy with the Real Techniques brushes! I love the stippling and buffing brush, they're multi-tasker brushes and very soft. I recommend these to pro and non-pro make-up artists. These brushes are for keeps and a good investment.
You can purchase these brushes here.
Have you tried any of the RT brushes? Share your ideas!