Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review: MAC Studio Finish Concealer and MAC Lipstick in Russian Red

Hi everyone!

Last time (can't remember exactly the date), MAC Eastwood invited me to be their guest make-up artist. As a token, MAC gave me 2,000php worth of make-up products. They let me choose what I want and ended up getting the MAC studio finish concealer and MAC lipstick in Russian red (so lucky they have it on stock that time!).

So let's get it started! ;p





Concealer is no doubt one of the best "secret" of a woman. (girls aminin nyo yan!). All you just need is to put it on your imperfection and voila, you're all set!  I've been looking for a good concealer since I have a bagful of eyebags. haha! Until my friend, Andrew Jardenil (one of the finalist of MEGA fashion crew 2012), introduced this awesome concealer to me. I fell in love with the product and told to myself, "you'll soon be mine". *evil laugh*

And wish was granted, this baby is all mine now!



 I chose NC30, since I think it's the safest color to use for my clients especially for my models cause they're normally fair skin.




Patted a small amount over my mole. Can you see the mole?? :) It's hardly noticeable! How lovely it is!

What I like about this product:

- very portable, it's as big as MAC eyeshadow cases. It won't take too much space in your kikay kit.
- lightweight yet will give you full coverage!
- waterproof
- blends well
- with SPF 35!
- it covers imperfections perfectly.
- didn't give me breakouts

What I don't like about this product:

- unhygienic. I find pot-typed products very unhygienic. Need to use a brush especially if you have long nails, the cream might stick inside your nails.
-  pricey. But it's worth paying  for!

Will you recommend this?

YES! :)

Let's move on to the next product.


The MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red! :)

I heard a lot of good reviews about this lipstick. When I was the guest make-up artist, this color was currently out of stock. And I tell you, a lot of customers been looking for this! So it made me curious and wonder what's with this color and these girls go gaga?






FACT: Russian red is MAC's number 1 selling lipstick in 8 countries! This was described as "the perfect red lip"- not too cool, not too warm and not too deep in fact, it's incredibly rich! It's matte, which I uber love because I'm not a fan of glossy lipsticks,.

Will you recommend this product?

YES!

And I'll be leaving you a picture where I used these products.


Products I used:

Face
- MAC studio finish concealer in NC30
- Kryolan foundation
- Fanny Serrano in Organza
- Rice Powder in Natural

Eyes
- Dollface Eye Candy Palette
- Maybelline gel liner
- NYX box of smokey look collection
- Nichido KOHL pencil in onyx
- Eyelash Diva for the eyelashes
- IN2IT brow powder
- Etude House brow mascara in #2

Cheeks
- Dollface 6 pc contour and blush palette

Lips
- MAC lipstick in Russian red

Credits:

Model- Roan Ycasas Leishner
Photographer- Glen Magtibay

What concealer are you using?

7 comments:

  1. Just bought both & I love them so much! The concealer is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from France
    I am very happy to welcome you!
    Your blog has been accepted in PHILIPPINES a minute!
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory"
    Following our blog will gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"!
    The creation of this new blog "directory" allows a rapprochement between different countries, a knowledge of different cultures and a sharing of different traditions, passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking,
    photography and poetry. So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
    The more people will join, the more opportunities everyone will have. And yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
    You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog in your Country.
    This is not a personal blog, I created it for all to enjoy.
    SO, you also have to make it known to your contacts and friends in your blog domain: the success of this blog depends on all Participants.
    So, during your next comments with your friends, ask them to come in the 'Directory' by writing in your comments:
    *** I am in the directory come join me! http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/ ***
    You want this directory to become more important? Help me to make it grow up!
    Your blog is in the list United PHILIPPINES and I hope this list will grow very quickly
    Regards
    Chris
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/07/12/12071211040212502810092867.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/24/1203240217091250289621842.png
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/26/1203260602581250289633006.gif

    If you want me to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls which allows a special badge in the list of your country
    I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?

    WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW OUR BLOG "DIRECTORY"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What shade of MAC concealer would you suggest for me? I'm an nc15-20 and I have more of a pink undertone than a yellow undertone.

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://youtube.com/missplpify
    http://missplpify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @iya,

    I would suggest to try NW (natural warm) shades since you have a pink undertone. Mine kasi, yellow undertone ako that's why I chose NC (natural cool) shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for a good review for this product and I found it on your blog :) thanks! I am now a new follower

    Dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can i buy mac concealer in manila? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are so lucky to get these products for free!

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers